The exhibition grounds are private property. The owner is Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Messeplatz, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, 40474 Düsseldorf, Tel. +49 211 4560-01. In addition to the respective organizer, it exercises domiciliary rights.
Visitors may only enter the grounds, including the buildings (with the exception of administration), with a valid admission ticket. All other persons require a pass. Visitors are only permitted to remain on the premises during the times and in the buildings specified on the admission ticket or pass. Exhibition stands may only be entered under the supervision of stand personnel.
Alcohol, drugs, glass containers and potentially dangerous objects are prohibited.
An exception to the alcohol ban is the separate 18+ area and the J-Rave: Consumption of alcohol served there is permitted in moderation - but alcohol from other sources remains prohibited there as well. In addition, open drinks purchased there may not be brought out of the respective area.
Persons under the excessive influence of alcohol or intoxicants will be expelled from the premises.
Smoking is prohibited in the buildings.
Smoking is prohibited in all catering facilities. Smoking may be prohibited in other individual rooms. The relevant notices must be observed. In the interests of non-smoker protection, we ask you not to smoke in any of the halls or rooms and to use the smoking areas specially set up at the entrances to the halls.
The facilities released for visitors are to be used carefully and with care. All other facilities and equipment may not be entered or put into operation by visitors.
Visitors who enter the DoKomi agree that photos or videos of them may be used by the organizer for the presentation of impressions.
The use of vehicles on the exhibition grounds is only allowed with special permission. The use of vehicles inside buildings is not allowed. This also includes: scooters, skateboards, e-scooters, etc.
According to the nature of the event, it may be prohibited to bring bags and similar containers onto the event premises. For security reasons, bags and similar containers and clothing such as coats, jackets and capes may also be checked for their contents.
Weapons may not be brought onto the premises. This also applies to weapon-like substances such as pepper spray and other irritant gases. For further information please refer to the weapons rules of DoKomi.
Dogs and other animals are not allowed on the premises. Service dogs with a certificate are exempt from this rule.
Event visitors have to leave the event and the premises at the end of the opening time.
For safety reasons, the closing of rooms or buildings and their evacuation may be ordered by the fair organizer. Persons staying there must follow the instructions and proceed to the respective assembly points outside.
In individual cases, the instructions of the control personnel must be followed.
The distribution of flyers and advertising, the sale of goods as well as filming for commercial purposes are only permitted after consultation with the responsible organizers.
Lost property must be handed in at the information desk or at the entrance/exit. These can be collected for six months (email@example.com).
escape and rescue routes must be kept clear. Stairwells are not benches.
cosplays must not be too revealing, i.e. breasts, private parts and buttocks must be sufficiently covered.
- Children up to 8 years have free entry. Have a passport ready.
- Juveniles up to 15 years without company of an escort with parental authority have to leave the grounds at 10 p.m.
- Juveniles at the age of 16 and 17 years without company of an escort with parental authority have to leave the grounds at 12 a.m.
- Juveniles which like to stay longer need an escort with parental authority.
- We recommend this template for a form for escort with parental authority (German only): https://www.dokomi.de/files/downloads/DoKomi_Erziehungsbeauftragung_Formular.pdf
- On the grounds it is obligated to possess a goverment-issued identity card/ passport. Our staff is allowed to check your identity.
Rules for Cosplay Weapons
General Weapon Rules
• Those who carry weapons, apparent weapons, sports equipment, etc. do so at their own risk.
• Show fights are forbidden, because imitators with unsuitable equipment could be injured or accidents could occur at the event. In case of violation we reserve the right to expel the participant from the event.
• We reserve the right to insist on the delivery of weapons that are actually permitted, if we consider them unsuitable for carrying on the premises.
Permitted weapons include, but are not limited to:
• Imitation weapons made of foam, rubber, cardboard, soft plastic or similar materials
• LARP-Weapons (usually consisting of a stabilizing rod encased in foam, for example made of fiberglass).
• Bows and crossbows (only WITHOUT ammunition)
Prohibited weapons include, but are not limited to:
• Throwing stars or nun-chakus in any shape and design, regardless of material and function.
• Switchblade, drop, fist and butterfly knifes.
• Steel rods, dead beaters or brass knuckles.
• Cutting or thrusting weapons whose external apperance suggests that they are normal everyday objects.
• Ready to fire sports equipment such as paintball and pressure weapons.
• Real firearms and ammunition.
• Pyrotechnic ammunition and explosives.
• Sharpened or pointy cutting or thrusting weapons.
• Apparent weapons are prohibited in general
Apparent weapons are firearms, replicas of firearms, and firearms that have been rendered inoperable, which, based on their outward firearms and which do not use hot gases to propel the projectiles.
• All weapons and cosplay props that are over 2 meters in length are prohibited.
In general, the German Weapons Act and the individual regulations contained therein apply. A complete list can be found on the following website: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/waffg_2002/anlage_2.html
General rules on cutting and thrusting weapons (unless they fall under the rules from the sub-item "Prohibited Weapons" or they are not weapons carried under the item "Permitted Weapons").
• Cutting and thrusting weapons must be blunted.
Anyone carrying sharpened or pointed weapons will be expelled from the premises and, depending on the severity of the violation, may face charges.
Rules for purchasing weapons at the event
In the dealer area there are booths selling blunt decorative weapons made of wood or metal. The following rules apply to the sale:
• Weapons may only be sold to visitors of legal age. An age check by means of a valid official proof of age is mandatory.
• Weapons that have been purchased and are still packed can be temporarily stored at the checkrooms, which are subject to a charge.
If you have further questions please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org !